Deed of division

This is a deed executed by the civil-law notary that you will need if you are divorced or have ended a relationship and when one of you will take over the property. The departing partner is in this case discharged of joint and several liability for the mortgage debt.

If one of the partners wishes to remain in the property after termination of the relationship, the property has to be allocated to the partner concerned. Legally, this has to be effected through the civil-law notary because an immovable property is involved.