Gift or loan agreement
If for example your family members want to make a financial contribution to your home, the lender will ask for a gift or loan agreement. Your adviser can assist you regarding the contents of this document. For a gift or loan agreement, you always submit a copy of your proof of identity and a bank statement from the giver(s) or lender(s).
Make sure the following information is shown:
- The gifting date or start date of the loan.
- All the names of those involved.
- The amount you have received.
- The interest rate and the term (in case of a loan).
- Signatures of all those involved.